Sunday 27 April 2008

MADONNA I AM BECAUSE WE ARE :: TRIBECA FESTIVAL













Madonna wrote and produced a documentary about orphans in Malawi, entitled I Am Because We Are which is one of the favorites at Tribeca Film Festival. The documentary highlighting the plight of Malawi's estimated one million Aids orphans. "We are responsible for each other and that if we can help in any way, shape or form, we should," The documentary includes some excruciating scenes showing the agonising grief of a mother who has just lost her child to Aids.

"The idea was not just to shock audiences. In the beginning I wasn't in the movie at all, but then I realised because I was narrating that it was important that I let people know that it was my personal journey and my experience." source

+ I Am Because We Are

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...